- Annual Independence Day Picnic and Fireworks - The Madison-Morgan Cultural Center presents its Annual Independence Day Concert and Picnic Tuesday, July 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM. A presentation of the Colors followed by a FREE patriotic concert. Bring a picnic, tables and chairs and join the family and friends on the front lawn of the Cultural Center for a favorite annual event in Madison. Then head on over to Heritage Park for some firework fun!
- City of Milledgeville Annual Fireworks Celebration. Join in the fun as the City of Milledgeville presents a pre-fireworks show beginning at 6:00 pm that will feature The Fall Line Ramblers, Ms. Ericka and Former Milledgeville Idol, Jon Peeler and fireworks starting at dark.
- "Made in America". First Friday downtown Milledgeville, 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. First Fridays encourage the celebration and exploration of all that downtown Milledgeville has to offer. Participating First Fridays merchants, restaurants, cultural venues and nightlife hotspots stay open late, present special events, and offer discounts on the first Friday of every month making downtown Milledgeville an ideal destination for an evening out.
- Greenway River Jam at the Oconee River Greenway. Live music for everyone to enjoy. $10.00 donations are appreciated and will help finance future phases of the greenway project. Please come out and help support this worthy project as well as have some fun.
July 19 & 20:
- Farm Days. Crooked Pines Farm presents Farm Days, good old-fashioned fun on the farm! 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Enjoy the country store, hayrides, petting farm, mining for treasure, seasonal crafts and an inflatable obstacle course. Horseback riding lessons are by appointment only, contact email@example.com. Free admission, costs associated with each activity. Farm Days are the third weekend of every month. For more information contact Crooked Pines Farm by calling 706-347-0274 or visit www.crookedpinesfarm.com.
- The Grapevine Band. Meet Me at The Plaza outdoor summer concerts presents The Grapevine, a premier Geogia Party Band! 7:30 p.m. The Grapevine has a very diverse repertoire, with styles that include Motown, R&B, Beach, Pop, 60s-70s-80s rock, and much more! Bring your family, friends, blankets and coolers to the lawn of The Plaza. Tickets are $12 in Advance or $15 at the Gate. Call The Plaza at 706-923-1655 or visit www.ThePlazaArtsCenter.com to purchase tickets.Back to Top
- Firefly Festival in Town Park
Friday Frolic – Town Park - Join us on Friday night for the Family Frolic - it’s "kids’ night" at Firefly. Bring the kids for a night of fun with stilt walkers, music, bubbles, face painters, fun inflatables, creative kids crafts, and family entertainment - all in the park from 7-9:00 pm. Food vendors will be on site for supper, cool drinks, and sweet treats – sorry, no coolers allowed on Friday night and Fido should be left at home. This is a ticketed event with a maximum family price. Your ticket includes all activities within the park!
Saturday Twilight – Town Park - On Saturday evening, join us as we host a "date night," in the park with a free Firefly Twilight Concert. A dance band will keep the crowd moving from 7:30–9:30 pm. Come early to claim your favorite spot on the Great Lawn - blankets, chairs, and coolers are welcome on Saturday night. If you don't feel like sitting on the lawn this time around, reserve a Gazebo Terrace table and treat your guests to take-out from our nearby downtown eateries. A Gazebo table is very affordable and seats 4-6 people (Four chairs are included with a table but there's plenty of room for two extra chairs if you want to bring them along.). For the Twilight Concert, a table includes a lighted umbrella and a cooler of ice to keep your beverages chilly. Tables can be reserved through Madison Main Street at 706-342-1251 x208
- Movies in the Briar Patch. Join us under the Briar Patch stars on the Eatonton Courthouse Lawn for a FREE viewing of one of our favorite childhood films: Hook! Bring your own chairs or blanket. Movie refreshments available for purchase. Seating begins at 8:00 pm, Movie 8:45 pm.